Who we are
We are a natural and complementary medicine clinic that includes acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, homeopathy, laser therapy, massage therapy, orthotherapy and natural health products.
Its original name, “Clinique de santé Michel Morissette” has been replaced by the more encompassing name of the Clinique de santé de Gatineau.
Our mission is to help you make the most of your life, now and in the future, by greatly improving your health and helping you to maintain it for a very long time.
Here is a brief summary of our convictions:
- The importance of a comprehensive approach to truly help: to treat the global imbalance responsible for the disease (the “roots”) and not just the symptoms or manifestations (its “leaves”)
- The existence of inseparable relationships between the physical, mental, emotional and energetic dimensions. And we can even add the spiritual dimension, although our treatments do not address it.
- The absence of disease or a normal blood test or other normal tests are not necessarily evidence of good health
- Disease prevention is not synonymous with early detection. True prevention is about preventing or delaying the onset of the disease. Early detection is about trying to discover as early as possible the presence of a disease that is already established and growing.
- Our state of health is not always and irremediably dominated by our genes or heredity. We can often positively influence genetic response and our health
- Each type of medicine has its strengths, its privileged field of action; the combination of more than one kind of therapy can often be beneficial and even sometimes essential. Thus, and without limiting their respective scope, I would say that conventional medicine is sovereign for the treatment of emergencies, especially when life is in danger, while Eastern medicine has been master, for thousands of years, to help restore and preserve health by treating the causes most often and not only the symptoms.