Chronic digestive disorders and food intolerances
Digestive disorders are very common these days, as are food intolerances. They can manifest as bloating, pain, nausea, reflux, fatigue after meals, constipation, loose or liquid stools, etc.
According to oriental medicine, these disorders may be the result of one or the other, or a combination of the following causes:
- Inadequate nutrition by its very nature
- Nature refers to notions of heat, cold, humidity. For example, raw vegetables, although favourably perceived in conventional nutrition, will not always be recommended for some people because of their “cold” nature that disrupts digestion. Similarly, dairy products, which are “cold and humid” in nature, may cause “cold and damp” conditions in other patients’ limbs, manifested by joint pain.
- Poor quality food.
- Prepared foods, too rich in sugar, salt, saturated fats
- Food polluted by additives, dyes, hormones, antibiotics, etc.
- A harmful lifestyle:
- Lack of exercise, insufficient meal time, physical and mental overwork, contained emotions
- Taking medication for a long period of time
- An energy weakness of the stomach, pancreas, liver, kidneys, etc.
All these causes end up tiring the body and unbalancing the digestive system, which is no longer able to function properly.
Oriental medicine, after a thorough analysis of symptoms, characteristics of the person and his lifestyle can very often restore a better overall balance and good digestion.
Our program aims to restore better overall and digestive health. We will use a variety of proven therapeutic approaches.